1Th 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord
Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you,
and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
Work of faith - Count on your fingers now and consider all the things you do which gives evidence of your faith.
- -What is it that possibly may be seen by your family and also those who know you?
- -What might they say that they could observe about you which is a domonstration of your faith to Godward.
- -It might also be asked, what are you doing which is faithful according to what God would ask of you?
- -Have you ever tried to make a list of those things which God has asked you to do?
- -Even when you drive a car, you have a checklist of those things which need to be done. Some things have to be done before other things, for pleasing results to happen.
Labor of Love - When we speak of love, it seems to imply a relationship directed to someone else or from someone else to you. In this case you are the actor of love. So what are you and have you done which demonstrates love? With respect to someone else in this congregation?
- -What have you done this past month which would be a demonstration of love? Look about you as and as you see faces, remember what you have specifically done to or for each one as a demonstration of love
- -Now think about what others have done with respect to you which was a demonstration of love? Do you remember this latter before the Lord? Is it a matter of praise as you pray before the Lord? Have you expressed it in a thankful manner to the other person too?
Patience of hope in our Lord Jesus
- - First of all, make a list in your mind, What is it I am hoping for in Christ Jesus?
- -When have I kept it in remembrance?
- - What events have come into my life which cause me to endure with long suffering? Am I responding to these things with remembrance that God I coming again, either to remove me from this place to enjoy the rejoicing of Heaven, or to deal with judgment the wicked?
1Th 1:4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.
1Th 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.
1Th 1:6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost:
1Th 1:7 So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia.
Ye were ensamples to all that believe
1Th 1:8 For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing.
1Th 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;
1Th 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
to wait for his Son from heaven
A one verse gospel statement