Spirituality as seen in 2 Thessalonians
S - represents the Spiritual Man, C - represents
the Carnal Man, N - represents the Natural Man
2Th 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of
the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:2 Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- (S) We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren,
- as it is
- because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and
- the charity of
every one of
you all toward each other aboundeth;
2Th 1:4 So that
- we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God
- for your
- and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that
2Th 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God,
- that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God,
- for which
ye also suffer:
2Th 1:6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation
to them that trouble you;
2Th 1:7 And
- to you who are troubled rest with us,
when the Lord
Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know
not God, and
- (N) that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
- (N) Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction
from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints,
- (S) to be admired in all them that believe (because our
testimony among you was
in that day.
2Th 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that
our God would count you worthy of this calling, and
fulfil all the
of his goodness,
the work of faith with power:
- (S) That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may
be glorified in you, and ye in him,
of our God
and the Lord
2 Thessalonians 3
2Th 3:1 Finally,
- (S) brethren, pray for us,
that the word of the Lord may have
free course, and be glorified,
- (S) even as it is with you:
2Th 3:2 And that we
- (N) may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for
all men have not faith.
2Th 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from
2Th 3:4 And
- (S) we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do
and will do the things which we command you.
2Th 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the
patient waiting for Christ.
2Th 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- (N or C)that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh
disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
2Th 3:7 For
- (S) yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not
ourselves disorderly among you;
- (S) Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with
labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any
2Th 3:9 Not because we have not power, but
- (S) to make ourselves an ensample
unto you to follow us.
2Th 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that
- (C) if any
would not work, neither should he eat.
2Th 3:11 For we hear
- (C, or N) that there are some which walk among you disorderly,
working not at all, but are busybodies.
2Th 3:12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ,
that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
2Th 3:13 But ye, brethren,
- (S) be not weary in well doing.
2Th 3:14 And
- (C) if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man,
and [(S) have no company with him], that he may be ashamed.
2Th 3:15 (S) Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
2Th 3:16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means.
The Lord be with you all.
2Th 3:17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in
every epistle: so I write.
2Th 3:18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. <The
second epistle to the Thessalonians was written from Athens.>